Stuart DiMartini is a New York City personal injury attorney and wrongful death lawyer.
The Manhattan DA intends to indict the unlicensed teen road menace who fatally struck 4-year-old Ariel Russo last summer on a new rap for fleeing from DA investigators, The Post has learned.
Franklin Reyes, 18, was meeting with prosecutors on Sept. 5 to discuss his Aug. 31 arrest for driving without a license and assaulting a cop while out on bail for the manslaughter rap.
He began whining about a scratch on his knee and bruising on his wrists he claimed was from cops roughing him up during his latest bust. He was limping dramatically and crying before collapsing on the ground twice, sources said.
The investigators took the blubbering teen to a hospital where a doctor said there was nothing wrong with him, sources said.
Reyes was given a cane because he kept complaining that his knee was killing him and that he could not walk.
But as authorities loaded an uncuffed Reyes into a Correction Dept. van around 9 pm, he tossed the cane and took off running “like a bat out of hell,” sources said.
It took authorities 12 minutes to catch up to him.
Prosecutors are planning to secure an indictment against him for felony escape and resisting arrest for the latest incident, law enforcement sources said.
Prosecutors have already indicated they plan to present the Aug. 31 incident to a grand jury when cops pulled him over for making an illegal turn and he took off, dragging an officer 100 feet, according to the complaint.
Reyes was already in hot water from earlier this summer when he was arrested on petit larceny raps for allegedly looting a deceased woman’s pad with his father who was a super in her building.
Carro had granted Reyes youthful offender status for killing Russo on the Upper West Side – which carries a more lenient sentence – over prosecutor’s objections before the latest arrests.
But Carro is likely to revoke that offer along with his bail when he appears this afternoon.