Call us toll free or use the below form to email us. The consultation is free.
The invitation to contact our firm does not create or establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.
Work Site Accident Attorneys
New York City Fall From a Ladder AttorneyHave you or a loved one been injured in a fall from a ladder at a New York City construction site?
Falls from a ladder are a major cause of injury or death in New York City construction sites. According to the Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), falls are the leading cause of death in construction and comprise almost one-third of those deaths.
Falls present a very real danger at work sites. Overall, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that in 2009 alone 605 workers were killed and approximately 212,760 workers were seriously injured by falls to the same or lower level.
How to Prevent a Fall from a Ladder
To prevent a fall from a ladder, OSHA recommends the following:
- Use the right ladder for the job
- Wear non-slip flat shoes
- Secure the base of the ladder
- Place the ladder on stable and level ground
- Ensure that the ladder is fully extended before starting work.
- Do not work on the top rung of the ladder
- Use cones to block off the work area accident
- Maintain three points of contact with the ladder at all times
- Do not carry any tools or materials in your hands when climbing a ladder
- Do not lean away from the ladder to carry out your task
- Do not use ladders near doorways. If you need to use a ladder near a doorway, make sure that the door is locked
When Should You Use a Ladder? When you want to reach a higher work area, think about the best equipment to use.
While a ladder or stepladder is commonly used, it may not always be the best option. Ask yourself these questions before deciding on a ladder:
• Will I have to hold heavy items while on the ladder?
• Is the elevated area high enough that it would require a long ladder that can be unstable?
• Will I be working from this height for a long time?
• Do I have to stand on the ladder sideways in order to do this work?
If your answer is yes to one of the above questions, consider using something other than a ladder. If possible, bring in other equipment like a scissor lift. If you have to use a ladder, use one that has a working platform with hand rail barricades on the sides (e.g., a platform step ladder).
Whenever you use a ladder or a stepladder, take note of the safety advice in this guide.
Click HERE to view the entire guide.
What you should do when you are injured in a fall from a ladder at a New York City construction site?
When you are injured in a in a New York construction site accident, you face many hardships and difficulties. There are medical bills and other financial burdens due to the loss of income you are accustomed to receiving. You have questions.
We have the answers. We are experienced New York City personal injury lawyers and construction accident attorneys.
A person injured on the job is entitled to receive workers’ compensation benefits that will cover medical expenses and a portion of lost wages.
In addition, the injured party may be entitled to bring a “third-party” claim if someone other than a co-employee negligently caused your construction accident-related injuries.
We will fully explain your rights to you and fight to protect your interests.
Since 1987, Mr. DiMartini has fought for the rights of accident victims.
If you or a loved one has been injured due to a fall from a ladder at a New York City construction site, we are here to fight for your rights. Call Mr. DiMartini directly at 1.844.299.0030. You can also contact us online. The consultation is free. There is never a fee unless we win your case!